Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Philip the Penguin Island

After 5 days of sedentary lifestyle at Melbourne city, it was time to hit the roads for some action. First stop - Philip the Penguin Island. We stayed at this place on a little cliff overlooking the beach.







Let me show you around the room ... nice comfy bed, most important for me ...



We paid a short visit to the Koala Park to catch the elusive bears before the highlight of the day, but of course the Penguin Parade, why else will you call this Penguin Island.



Hey, where are the koala bears? Are they hibernating because it's cold?



Ah ... there you are!



It's not easy spotting the bears. They are all so high up in the eucalyptus trees. I have to grow taller!



We found a giant koala bear not quite up in the trees, so we managed to have a picture taken with it.



We were all warmly dressed to catch the penguin parade. The little penguins only wobbled ashore after 8pm. I only managed to catch them for a few minutes before I was lulled to sleep by the sound of the lapping waves.



Check out my warmy knee-high socks. Cute eh! I also brought my favourite smelly pillow with me. I will show you my smelly bolster in the next set of photos. Stay tuned ...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So scenic and relaxing in good air! Hm...how about getting a pretty nice house there???
Grdaunt