Saturday, April 4, 2009

Burnt Out @Melbourne

After an "activity-filled" overnight 7+hr flight to Melbourne, I knocked myself out. Slept through the collection of baggage, slept through the overloaded bus ride to the apartment and slept through Papa's photo shoot of the apartment. I decided to be grouchy and totally uncooperative for the rest of the day.

That's us at the Fitzroy Park Conservatory. What a nice name for a sheltered garden!



Finally got to stretch my legs ... Do you think the grass is greener in Australia? At least this patch of Victoria wasn't burnt.

I'm basically a young punk; punks got to do what punks got to do; I'm accessorizing me-self for the punky look at Q-Vic's market. Looks fine to me, but my mama thinks I wouldnt like to wear any head gear in hot and humid Singapore, so I didn't get this fiery orange hair extensions in the end :(

Where have all the people gone?
Long time passing
Where have all the people gone?
Long time ago
Where have all the people gone?

Quiet and deserted beach on a Monday morning at St Kilda. Wonder where have all the people gone ... maybe they have gone for coffee & cakes? Mama was upset that she didn't get to try the cakes. I'm only interested in milk, strawberry cereal, yogurt and my pacifier.

I heard that things weigh more in temperate countries than in the tropics. Let's see ... anyone has a A$1-coin to spare? BTW this picture was taken in GPO - General Post Office.

The free City Circle tram brought us to Docklands. Nice place; there's nice buildings, nice restaurants, nice boats, nice sea-gulls, nice walkways, and nice shopping. Wonder why my mama's not looking very happy, I'm not really very heavy, am I?



3 comments:

josiah n faith said...

looks like fun! we are planning a trip to melbourne in dec. any good recommendations on accommodation n must-see places?

mama said...

Going to Melbourne with both Jireh & Eliana? We stayed at Mantra Exhibition service apartment. Good location and spacious, highly recommended for families. Separate kitchenette to make simple meals for kid and separate living room to lounge when the kid is asleep.

josiah n faith said...

yep, will be going with both kids, plus my parents n sister. so looking for apartment-type accommodation. will check out this mantra apt. thanks!